Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holy Cereal!

Who doesn't love a deal? I know I do!! My problem is if I know it's a super good deal, I usually buy more than I would ever need or use. I ran into that problem today! Albersons's had a sale on cereal, now keep in mind we are not cereal eating people. I heard about a deal on it, so I loaded the 3 little kids in the car at 9:00 am and off we went. I got there and the store manager had tons coupons for the cereal, making it an ever better deal. I loaded up 6 cases and 4 additional boxes, making it a total of 100 boxes!!! Remember, we almost NEVER eat the stuff!! I knew Brandi would want some, and Marcelo wanted to give some to an employee of his, and yes, I know I over-bought! So I make my way to the register, people are starring of course, let them stare I thought. The store manager, who convinced me to buy more than the 60 I originally planned on, had told me they would end up being $0.34 per box, which really is a KILLER deal. So the cashier is doing her thing, and I'm watching the total get smaller, and smaller, and then I see the total. My first thought, "Brooke, you should have gotten more" Sick thought, right?? My total, tax inclued, for 100 boxes of cereal........brace yourselves....$8.24!!! That is $0.08 per box!I almost peed my pants!! Now if you think about it, she charged me wrong. There was no way I could possibly have taken any more of the poor woman's time and asked her to fix the price, so I took my goods and left.
Crazy, Isn't it??
Of course I bribbed Cameron and Kyle to be good. After I loaded all the boxes in my car, I took the kids back in to get some donuts. $6.50 later, (almost the same as the cereal) we were out of there. Kyle was wearing his!!! I swear he gets more on his face and clothes and in his mouth sometimes.


5 comments:

Brandi Johns said...

That is an amazing deal, and even better, I will benefit from it. Load me up! PS- Coren said Kyle looks SO CUTE!

Dave Anderson said...

I could eat cereal for every single meal of the day...Seriously...Ask Amy...

I'M JEALOUS!!!!

-Dave

Dave Anderson said...

Holy crap! I guess you're all set on food storage. ;)

Brad and Marci said...

In our house all of the boxes would be gone in a week especially since being pregnant and not cooking we all take the simple road. Nice deal though! I would have peed my pants when the price showed up. Doughnuts are my kids treats after the store also.

Palmer family said...

I cannot believe what an awesome deal you got Brooke! Way to go. That's great!
-Lindsay